Wild Willow Hollow

Wild Willow Hollow

Sunday, May 14, 2017

A New Year

I took off the winter wrap a while ago and feed and medicated them last month. Today wanted to have a look at how they are doing and get ready to split them in a couple of weeks. Earlier I put down another patio stone so I'll be ready for four colonies. I only looked a couple of frames from each super, it was a bit breezy and only 15°C, I didn't want to disturb them too much. They were laying brood in between the supers, so I cleaned that out, they looked good, and very plentiful. This I hope is a sign of a health Queen. The frames had brood in the middle, with some pollen and honey on the outside, as it should be. They were busy and a bit aggravated at what was going on, and rightly so, but they weren't aggressive, thankfully. Here are a couple of pictures of who this years little crew.





No comments:

Post a Comment