Wild Willow Hollow

Wild Willow Hollow

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Getting Ready For Spring

I thought I'd get a head start on making more hive bodies (supers) and frames, so next year when it comes time to split the hive we'll have the parts to start another colony. I still have to make the bottom board, inner and outer covers, along with a stand. I still have time, but for now I made 20 frames and 3 medium supers, we still have 4 frames from before so now we can fill the three supers. Once everything was cut I just used the assembly jig for the frames, add a little glue and nails and then I put in the new permanent foundations. The supers were easy to construct, I applied a primer/sealer coat and then three coats of exterior grade paint, on the outside only.

Supers are done, frames next.

Add a little paint.


Frames glued and nailed together.
Foundations are in and we're ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment